Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Influenster Violet Voxbox


This month I was selected to receive the Violet VoxBox from Influenster.I'm sure that most of you know what Influenster and VoxBoxs are but for those of you who don't; Influenster is a free site that users can write product reviews, ask questions about the product, and get feedback on a product before deciding to purchase. Influenster has a program where they provide a 'VoxBox' to select users that is filled with products that they feel you would enjoy, based on your review choices, so that the user can provide their feedback on their site and social media. 

The Violet VoxBox was sent to beauty lovers and is inspired by this season's dark moody florals. Each box contained 3 "for sure" products and 1 or more of the "optional" products. My box contained:

Goody Athletique Headbands - $6
I love to use this headband when I am putting on my makeup or washing my face. It holds the hair back really well and it has a velcro strap in the back to make it fit comfortably. I am not sure that this would work for me when working out because it does slip a bit but it is perfect for my needs. 

Sally Hansen New Triple Shine Polish in 'Dive In' - $4.99
This product claims to be a daily defense from water and wear and you will have the shiniest nails ever.
Unfortunately this polish did not live up to any of its claims for me. I was so excited when I seen it because the color was a gorgeous mint blue. I think this polish is one of the dullest polishes I have used and only after I added a top coat did it actually shine. After one day it was chipped horribly and I removed it. It did not live up to its claims and I would not recommend this color to anyone. I have not tried any of the other colors yet but based on the results of this one, I most likely will not be purchasing them. 

SoyJoy in 'Dark Chocolate Cherry' - $0.99
Oh lord this little health bar was not for me. I did not think that it tasted good at all and this is not a snack that I would ever eat again. I'm sure that is just because it was super healthy LOL 


Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas - $2.49
This little mask was like a spa in a bag. It was so refreshing and a nice way to relax before bed. The holes win the mask were a little off but after a little adjusting it was fine. The best part was it really did minimize my pores and made my face look brighter. I plan on purchasing more of these for those long nights of homework or during finals. 

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo - $5.99
I really enjoyed this dry shampoo. It left my hair feeling light and oil free and I like that it blended in well. I will have a full review with pictures up soon :) 

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Influenster is currently by invite only so if you are interested in joining you can leave your email address below or email it to me at justinawho@gmail.com. 

I hope that you have a fun and happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'm sorry that polish didn't work out. It's such a pretty color too, what a shame! I haven't tried any of these polishes, but I may just stay away.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that nail polish shade is sooo pretty! Hate that it didn't work well. But at least it was free! Hope u have an amazing new year honey!

    And P.S.- THANK U so much for our Xmas card!!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That polish is a pretty color. I got a bright pink which is not my style.
    Alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a different experience with the Sally Hansen triple shine. I used the "Sparks Fly" chunky glitter polish for New Years and it looked good and stayed in place like a rock. I will have to see how the other colour I bought works out its just a regular coloured polish, maybe that will perform differently. No less the colours in this collection are beautiful. Sorry that colour did not work out for ya. Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like that Soy Joy bar either! I took one bite and couldn't eat anymore of it! I also have to agree with you on the nail polish. I was not impressed at all. It took me several coats to even get an even coat. It was disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this voxbox too! I loved it.. especially the nailpolish and dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool you got a VoxBox my love! So sorry that the polish didn't live up to its claims. I dislike that very much when they make a product sound all hyped up and it's not what it is when you get it =( At least you got to try it and know now not to buy it! Hehe. The SoyJoy looks good? But I'll take your word for that and just stick with my good ole granola bars lol! Looking forward to your review on the dry shampoo my darling! Happy New Year! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Blog
    Would you like us to follow each other ?
    if yes, just follow me and let me know so i can follow you back

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    You can check out my latest post at theteenfashionblogger.blogspot.com for more information.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...