Wednesday, December 4, 2013

BA Star Lip Pencil Review & Swatch



BA Star is a company that has products directed toward dance, cheerleading, ect but like I have said before it is perfect for the everyday girl as well. Since their products are for performers they are always very pigmented and long lasting.  I am always thrilled to get sent their products through brand backer and this little baby is no exception. 

I received the Lip Pencil in the shade 'Holiday Red'. The name fits this lip pencil well because I would absolutely wear this color during the holidays. Before I get into my likes and dislikes, here's a swatch:


I love how vibrant and pigmented the color is and it applies very creamy. This lip pencil is long wearing and lasted about 5 hours on me. It leaves a little bit of a stain as it wears and I like that I can add a little gloss to the stain and it looks great. Even though it applies creamy, I think it dries matte. It is very drying but I don't think it is any worse than other matte lipsticks. I would suggest using lip balm before applying the pencil and then a gloss over. The thing I dislike the most is that it has to be sharpened. I don't like to put my lip products in a sharpener so I wish it had a twist up dispenser. 

The BA Star Lip Pencils are priced at $8.75 each and they do have a few other colors to choose from on their site. Even though I think this is a good product I don't think that I would repurchase it. I love the color but I would only wear it on certain occasions during the holidays but I would recommend this product to people who can rock a red lip all the time. 

If you are interested in purchasing one, use the code BBLIPS  for a 50% off discount at checkout.

This is a sponsored post but all opinions are mine and honest. I was sent this product through Brandbacker.com in exchange for my honest opinion. 


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Definitely a gorgeous color, but I agree, I don't like sharpening my lip products so that's definitely a downer. Thank you for sharing love!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the color. I feel like lip products shouldn't be in a sharpener lol Thank you for reading my review :)

      Delete
  2. Really pretty colour, glad to see you back in action :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am happy to be back and to be catching up on all of y'alls posts as well!

      Delete
  3. Totally pretty color! I am the same way though - I just can't do red every day.

    Brittnee
    http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could pull it off everyday but I just feel like people are staring at my lips the whole time LOL Btw I want to follow your blog but I can't find the follow button :( am I overlooking it?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...