Friday, November 8, 2013

The Sunshine Award

The sunshine award is given to bloggers who inspire creativity and positivity. I am so honored that Kate nominated me for the award. She is incredibly sweet and I adore her blog. She has an amazing beauty blog and I love her reviews. 

The Rules:
- Provide 11 Facts About Yourself
-Answer the 11 Questions Set For You
-Provide 11 Questions Yourself
-Nominate 11 Bloggers For The Award

11 Facts About Me:
- My fingers are double jointed.
-The last few months I have been going to the doctor to hopefully have a baby soon.
-One of my favorite bands is Metallica (lmao shocking I know)
-My favorite movies of all time are 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Never Been Kissed'
-By choice, I don't own a cell phone. I'm perfectly fine with using our house phone.
-My favorite food is crawfish and snow crab
-I hate snow
-I think I'm a little psychic LOL....seriously though
-We moved into our house Thanksgiving day last year and I still haven't fully unpacked.
-I don't want the big traditional wedding. I would rather run off, get married, and spend the extra dough on an amazing honeymoon.
-My goal is to quit smoking by the end of this year. I have already cut back and I start Chantex on Monday so I think I can do it.

11 Questions From Kate:
1.) What is your favorite Starbucks drink? I have never been to Starbucks lol. I'm not a huge coffee person.
2.) Who is your current celebrity crush? Charlie Hunnam
3.) What's the next place you want to travel to?  Mississippi to visit family
4.) What was you favorite vacation? Mackinac Island....it's absolutely gorgeous!
5.) Do you believe in soul mates? yes! 
6.) What's your least favorite movie? I don't have a specific movie but I don't watch scary movies
7.) Why did you start blogging? When I first started blogging I just wanted an outlet. My anxiety was at an all time high and I started to question everything about myself and my life.  I never would have imagined that it would become what it is today and it really has helped with my anxiety. 
8.) Do you collect anything? If so, what? Let's see, now that I think about it I think I collect too much lol. I collect old wheat pennies, makeup, and unfinished DIY projects LOL
9.) What is the best piece of advice someone gave you? It doesn't matter what your past contained, it doesn't have to control your future. You have the power to make your future better.
10.) What's your favorite Quote? "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other" - Audrey Hepburn
11.) What is your happy place? my home.

Since Christmas is my favorite time of year and it is right around the corner I am going to ask all Christmas questions :)

My Questions For You:
-Are you an early shopper or wait until last minute to buy gifts?
-What item is on the top of your Christmas wish list?
-Do you like your Christmas trees tall & fat or tall and skinny?
-What is your favorite part of the holidays?
-Do you travel or stay home for the holidays?
-Can you been seen from space with all of your outdoor decorations or do you keep it low key?
-If you have pets, do you buy them Christmas gifts as well?
-What colors do you use on your Christmas tree? (example: mine are red, green, and silver)
-When will you be putting up your Christmas tree?
-What is your favorite Christmas movie?
-Does your family have Christmas traditions? If so, what is it?

Bloggers I Nominate:

I know most of yall have already received this award so I understand if you don't want to do it again. Yall are amazing women and friends and you all bring sunshine to my life so I still wanted to nominate you. Kate thank you so much for tagging me and if you didn't tag me you would be on that list also. I am so thankful to have yall as bloggie friends! 

Also, I send out Christmas cards every year to my family and friends and I would love to send them to yall as well. I don't know how everyone feels about that but if you enjoy holiday cards and would like one let me know.  


post signature

14 comments:

  1. I (julie) LOVE Metallica too! Good luck on the baby honey! Can't wait to see some prego pics!!!! And we would LOVE a holiday card! And would love to send you one as well! Will see if I can find your email on your blog then send you our info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that we are going to be exchanging cards! My parents just turned 16 when I was born so I grew up listening to Metallica, Nirvana, AC/DC ect. The doctors think they may have found out what has been causing me not to ovulate so once we get my hormones regulated we should be good to go...fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Love this post and reading the facts about you! I love Dirty Dancing and if you ever go to a starbucks try a caramel frap cream based they are the best and its not coffee! :) I will let you know once I have posted this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your response! I will have to give the caramel frap cream based a try. I love caramel so I may like it. I could never get tired of watching dirty dancing, it makes me wish I lived in that era...not to mention Patrick Swayzee, holy moley

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the baby, hun! Will keep you in my prayers! So glad to hear that your anxiety has gone down since you started blogging, that's awesome!

    Thank you for nominating me, will try to get it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! We have been trying for a long time and really started to lose hope but the doctor thinks that they may have found out what has been wrong. It got really frustrating so we are hoping in the next year we will have success. I can't wait to read your post!

      Delete
  4. I'm so gla you did this- you are the sweetest!

    Good luck with the baby! I also collect unfinished diy projects. I have a whole room dedicated to them!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's amazing how fast they accumulate. I always start them but never finish. That's so funny that you have a room full haha I know the feeling girl. Thank you for your sweet comment <3

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the baby ! i am so excited to hear this :) Wish you all the best ! XOXO
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Fingers crossed we will have success in the next year.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Christmas cards. :))
    I also loved reading this too dear. I have struggled with anxiety practically my entire life and blogging offers such an amazing outlet to help get those feelings under control. Talking to you all and hearing your feedback makes a world of a difference. Thank you for tagging me sweet girl. You bring sunshine to my life too. :)

    Ash <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome love! I was actually the class clown growing up and in high school and very outgoing but when I was 18 its like this awful thing took over me and ever since then I have been battling anxiety. It got really bad for awhile and I was having panic attacks all the time. Blogging allowed me the comfort of talking to new people without the initial shock and fear so it really helped me get comfortable with starting new conversations. I hate that you have battled with anxiety your whole life. I can't even imagine. It has been frustrating for me and it has only been a few years so my heart goes out to you.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for including me in your picks for the Sunshine award much appreciated. Oh your trying for a baby??? IF so how exciting. praying and very happy for you:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course girl!Yes we have been trying for awhile and there were complications. We still have a long way to go but the doctor finally figured it out so fingers crossed :) Thank you so much!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...