Sunday, October 6, 2013

September Weekend Round Up

This month I did......NOTHING. Wait. What? What an interesting post that would be lol. I wish I could say that was entirely a joke but sadly it isn't. Normally Steven works lots of overtime during the week so when the weekend rolls around we normally hang around the house and get tasks on our "honey do list" done. We do go out and do things a few times a month but it's normally little date nights or we go out with friends....no mini weekend vacations for us. With all of that being said, I think that a weekend round up post every week would be quite boring and yall would see exactly how much of a life I don't have LOL. I am also horrid at taking pictures all the time of what we are doing. When we do things and start having fun I honestly forget to take pictures....I know, I know bad blogger. So I decided that it might be fun to show a monthly weekend roundup and see how that goes and see if yall even like it. 

These are all pictures taken with a crappy camera by the way because I still don't have my %$#*@!%^ DSLR back yet. Yea...I am getting quite fiesty about it. So anyways the pictures aren't the greatest quality and I apologize in advance but I refuse to go purchase a better digital camera to use in the mean time. 

As most of you know, I spent a lot of this month doing TONS of homework, studying for finals, and then taking the finals. It was so exhausting and annoying and as much as I tried to avoid homework on the weekends (to spend time with Steven) it did not always happen. Since I couldn't take a picture of how I came out of all of this I guess this GIF sums it up LOL

We have been making sure to set a date night at least once a month. This month we went to dinner and then did a little shopping. I love that he walked all around Sephora and Ulta and barely complained LOL. He did manage to spray every.single.perfume. EVER! It was quite foul.

It has been years since I last bowled and I had so much fun spending time with my little brother and a few of our friends. 
(My younger brother busted his butt LOL)


I love festivals and fairs and I was so excited for our towns "Spoonbread Festival". Yeah....Spoonbread, it's real and it's disgusting! 





Lastly, I got this little gem in the mail from House Party. It has been fun playing with it and learning how to use it. I will have a full post up after I host the party letting you know all of the details and my thoughts.

Once again, I am sorry for the picture quality. This is being put up and little late because our internet has been broken for the last week. It seems to be working again but who knows. They fixed it a couple of times this week only for it to go down again. 

I hope yall have a wonderful week!

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of my fun my love! I totally understand about going out only a few times a month. Heck, me and mine barely go out at all because we've got so much on our plates. Thank goodness for blogging because I still have some sense of connecting with people outside! lol!

    Love all the pictures! The festival sounds very interesting lol! So cute and funny of your little brother! That must have hurt a bit because those floors are hard! (Not that I would know... *wink* lol!)

    I can't wait to hear about your party!!! This looks and sounds like so much fun! Thank you for sharing the info with us on FB hun! I went and signed up and actually applied to two. Hopefully I will get selected for one! =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am happy with blogging too because since I moved to Kentucky I haven't met a lot of good friends so it allows me to connect with people still so I don't lose my mind. My brother is 15 so of course he jumped up like the slip never happened haha. When my other brother was 12 I took him bowling and he threw the ball a few lanes down on accident and the ball hit this pole. He was so upset because it made a loud noice so everyone was looking at him. I felt so bad but it was funny...now I have bowling stories with both of my younger brothers haha. This is my first party with houseparty.com (I applied to a few but wasn't accepted) and I am so happy I got approved for the soda stream party lol. It is actually amazing and I don't know how I went so long without it. The party is next weekend and I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. My husband also works a lot, so I know how you feel, we rarely go out. My husband does the same thing when we go shopping, he sprays every single cologne, ugh, they mix of everything gives me a headache! LOL!!

    Can't wait to hear about the party!!!

    <3 Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL girl I was so embarrassed because not only did he make the whole perfume section stink but he then smelled like all of it mixed together for the rest of the day. He doesn't even use the little scent sticks...just sprays it into the air. We had to decide that we had to make sure that we reconnected and spent quality time together at least once a month. Sometimes we just go and get ice cream and go to the park...we just try to do something. It is def. hard sometimes though.

      Delete
  3. such a busy month! i gotta know how you like that soda stream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It tastes just like regular soda and the energy drink mix tastes better than Red Bull. Since we started using this 2 weeks ago I have lost 4 pounds. It is def. awesome!

      Delete
  4. Sound like you had a great time! Me and my hubby love little festivals and stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love them too! I personally love all of the booths to shop at haha.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great time !!!
    how is that soda stream!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Soda Stream. All of the flavors really do taste like pop. Crystal light drinks are normally too tarty and strong for me but I love the crystal light mixtures now because they have carbonation in them. I really recommend it.

      Delete
  6. Date nights really are the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Its so easy to get busy and let everyday life take over. It is nice to put all of that stuff aside for a night/day and spend time together reconnecting.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...