Saturday, October 26, 2013

October IPSY


Octobers IPSY bag was a little different than normal. We normally get mostly makeup but this month they added hand creams and moisturizers to the bag. It was a nice little switch up but I hope that we go back to mostly makeup products. If you aren't familiar with IPSY, it is a monthly beauty subscription service where you receive 5 deluxe (sample) or full size items, all for $10 per month. This is my favorite beauty service because they normally always have at least one full size item and I always get my moneys worth. 

Here's what I got:

Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel - Deluxe Sample
I used this a couple of times and I really didn't care for it. If you seen my natural hair you would think..."girl that hair doesn't need to be any bigger" lol but my hair is EXTREMELY thick and gets heavy so my roots get weighed down and flat. This really didn't give my roots any volume so I will not purchase this in the future.

be Delectable Hand Cream in Coconut & Cream - Deluxe Sample
I am in love with this hand cream. It not only smells delicious but it makes my hands feel incredible. After I shave my legs I normally can't immediately put lotion on them because my skin gets irritated. I know this is hand cream but I put it on my legs after shaving and it did not irritate my skin at all and my legs felt amazing. I will defiantly purchase the full size bottle of this lotion.

H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment - Deluxe Sample
One word....AMAZING! This stuff is absolutely amazing and I honestly can't get enough of it. I thought this would be the product that I wouldn't care for but it is actually my favorite. It makes my skin feel so amazing and soft. It doesn't leave a greasy residue like most lotions so it is perfect for my skin. It also reduces the redness on my face and evens out my complexion a bit. Steven even noticed a difference in my skin and used it a couple of times lol. I will 100% be purchasing this product.

Zoya Nail Polish in Mason - Full Size $8
Okay, I have a love hate relationship with Zoya. I love the colors they offer and how pigmented they are BUT both polishes that I have from Zoya have a weird consistency. The first time I use the polish the consistency is great but after that it's like it thickens and I don't like it. Does anyone else have the same experience? 

Buxon Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly - Deluxe Sample
I was so excited when I seen that I was getting this gloss because there's all this hype about Buxom and I hadn't tried it yet. It was the first thing I took out to try and my thoughts......WOMP WOMP! I did not like the constancy at all. It was so thick and sticky....yuck. It did make my lips tingle and plump a little bit and it looked pretty but the consistency ruined it for me. I will not be purchasing this in the future.

Overall, I liked this month's bag. I found some great new products and learned of a few products that I don't like....that's what a beauty subscription is all about. If you have been considering a beauty subscription but not sure which one, I recommend Ipsy.

post signature

13 comments:

  1. We got some similar things. I got the hand cream in Strawberries and Cream, it smells delicious!

    I've only worn the lipgloss once, I didn't hate it but it wasn't amazing like everyone raves about it. It was okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If it wasn't for the texture I think I would have loved it. I was so excited because of all the hype and was totally bummed that I didn't like it. I am not a coconut lotion type of person normally but I really like this one. I bet the strawberries and cream smells awesome. Its so moisturizing too!

      Delete
  2. Love the goodies you girls got in your Ipsy bags this month especially the polish and the Buxom lip gloss. Enjoy your stuff. Also I love your photo composition:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment about my picture. I have been so upset with my pictures lately while I am waiting to get my DSLR back from getting fixed.

      Delete
  3. you were right about that H20 cream! It is really helping my redness too! I will deff buy a full size of this product!!! Great post honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! I already ordered the full size since the discount was available. It is def. one of the best things that I have gotten from my Ipsy bag so far

      Delete
  4. I really wanted to try the Buxom lipgloss and the be dlelectable hand cream! I got the nourish organic one instead, but I like it so far! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited when I seen that I was getting it. I REALLY wish that I liked it. The texture is the only thing I don't like about it. I don't know how people deal with the thick stickyness of it. I wanted to try the nourish organic lotion but I am loving the bedelectable lotion so I am happy.

      Delete
  5. Wow! I'm surprised that you didn't like the Buxon Lipgloss. All the girls I know wanted that gloss so bad. Haha. I would love to try that H20 cream though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the UD lipstick a few months ago so I was so excited to see that I was getting the Buxom gloss since I have been wanting to try it. It really does plump and look nice but the texture bothers me so much. Its so thick and sticky that I feel like my lips have wet elmers glue on them lol. The H20 moisturizer is AMAZING. I already ordered the full size I loved it that much.

      Delete
  6. hi nice blog ...Would you like to follow each other on both gfc and bloglovin??
    ...let me know..

    http://deepti01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. O no, I was hoping to get the buxom gloss so i wish it would have worked out for you.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy when I seen it in my glam room. I have been using it to see if I can get used to the texture. It would be perfect if the texture wasn't so thick and sticky.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...