Friday, October 11, 2013

And the bad blogger award goes to.....

ME!!!

I have been off my game lately when it comes to blogging. This month has been a dosie for me. Between finals, homework, internet issues for over a week, and my medical complications...I am about to lose my mind. Every time I think that I am getting somewhere life throws a flaming bag of crap on my doorstep. 

About a week ago I started having sharp pains in my lower stomach where I have a small pea sized cyst. It hurt but I ignored it because Steven is always telling me I am a hypochondriac lol. Each day the pain got increasingly worse and before I knew it I was 5 days in and had a large bright red swollen lump where my cyst used to be. I finally called my mom when the burning in my stomach spread down to my upper thighs and it became impossible to get comfortable walking and sitting. She, of course, told me to call the doctor immediately to get in because it sounded bad. I went to the doctor the next day and I thought I would get some antibiotics and be on my way......WRONG! The doctor told me that I did in fact have an infection and that if I let it go much longer I would have been going to the hospital. I had an abscess cyst that got infected which is why I had the large lump and burning. The doctor told me that they needed to lance, drain, and pack the incision but they would be numbing me. I hate needles but I thought numbing was a wonderful addition since they would be cutting the wound. I thought that until I seen the needle and about had a heart attack. That thing was friggin huge and the freak out process began. Out of the whole process that needle was the most pain that I experienced. It was awful and I hope that I never have to experience that feeling again. After it was all done and over I felt fine and thought this is a piece of cake. The nurse practitioner told me that I should take it easy for a day and come back the next day to get the packing removed. I thought she was nuts and I was like I feel fine and I'm gonna run my errands....WRONG! My smart ass self some how forgot that the big ass needle they used was the numbing part of the process and that is why I felt so good. I was a little sore but thought I would head home to get Steven to go with me to the store....WRONG again! About 30 minutes after I left the doctors office I realized why the nurse told me to take it easy....the numbing wore off. Holy crap!

 Let me just tell yall, as much pain as I was feeling I was more scared that I was going to have Steven taking care of me. Most of you lovely ladies with husbands/boyfriends understands why this is scary lol. This was the first time that he has ever had to take care of me when I wasn't feeling well and as much as I would like to say that it was magical....it wasn't! I'm not going to go into details but let me just say my house is now trashed, he was drunk, and it was all a bad mixture lol. With ALL of that... I can say that after getting the packing removed today I feel a lot better. I have been cleaning the house up and trying to fix everything that went wrong last night lol. Fingers crossed this is the last little mishap that is going to happen for a little bit. I have been neglecting my blog, my daily blog reads, twitter, EVERYTHING...Every time that I promise and say I will be catching up and 'blah blah blah' something happens to screw it up. Soooo...I am not promising anything LOL only planning on getting somethings done. haha 

Thank you loves for being so patient with me and not hating me. Thank you so much for all of the new followers on my blog and on twitter...yall rock! I also want to say that Nicole O. is the winner of the giveaway that recently ended....CONGRATS NICOLE! Love yall and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.


post signature

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you're feeling better now!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful and I am glad it is over now too lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry you went through all of that! I hope you feel better soon! Btw...my husband calls me a hypochondriac too! I never tell him I'm not feeling well or something hurts until it gets really bad because I worry he'll just brush it off as me being "worried for nothing." Get better love! :)

    www.neyavbeautytalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much doll. I do the same thing. It's amazing because when Steven has a little cough and stuffy nose, everything must immediately stop and he is helpless for 3 days at least lol. It's amazing how mens minds work.

      Delete
  3. I'm so so sorry that I'm just now getting to read this post! I was aware that you were hurting on FB and am sorry that you went through such horrbile pain. However I am happy that you are well now and am back!!! I can speak for all of us that we have missed you!!!

    Know that your bblogger girls are here for you babe! No need to worry about blogging, etc. We all have our lives to go about and so it's completely understandable! =) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Liz! You are so incredibly sweet and I am so thankful to know all of you wonderful girls.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...