Friday, September 27, 2013

The Best Part...

A little over a week ago I read a very sweet post from 20/30 Glam where they talked about all of the wonderful bloggers that they met so far. This post has been on my mind all week. When I joined the blogging community I did not know what I was doing or what I was going to make my blog "focus", I just wanted an outlet. Hell, I still question if I am doing this all correctly. We moved to another state, I started school, and my crappy little blog with 2 posts got put on the back burner. In late February I decided to really start blogging, so I just wrote....about everything, literally lol. I was writing all kinds of posts but I started to loose my passion again and I couldn't figure out why. I loved writing, and chit chatting openly, and expressing my feelings and thoughts but I wasn't writing about anything I was passionate about. After a bit of struggle and banging my head against the wall, it finally clicked...beauty. I have always loved hair, makeup, and everything beauty so why not make that something I talk about. So I became a lifestyle blogger making beauty one my focuses. 
I was skeptical at first, who on the internet would be interested in anything I had to say about beauty products, I'm not a professional. After a few beauty posts I realized that readers are just like me, they don't just want to know what the pros are doing and using. When reading a beauty lovers blog, its relatable and more real....that's how I feel anyway. Before joining the beauty community, I had met a few other bloggers but I never established any friendships and felt "accepted". I can honestly say that joining this community full of amazingly talented women (and men) is the best blogging decision I have made. I was accepted with open arms with tons of love and support and I couldn't be more thankful. 

After reading Julie and Ashley's (20/30 Glam) post it really made me think of the wonderful new friends that I have met from blogging. I love sharing my thoughts and having a small little platform to blab my big mouth from but the best part isn't the free stuff or sponsorship offers, it's the friendship, love, and support provided by all of you. To my beautiful new friends, thank you! You have made this blogging journey of mine take on a whole new meaning. I love that I can share my everyday normal life in it's entirely..beauty, fashion, DIY, and a few other things in between. When I created my blog the last thing that I ever expected was meeting strangers and becoming genuine friends with them. It was an incredible surprise and the support yall have shown me is truly inspiring. 


post signature

13 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way girl! Our community is so accepting, welcoming, and encouraging to everyone that joins. I love our blogger family. :) You are definitely right about the readers! I just finished telling my friend, who is a fashion blogger, that people want to read and see things from people that they can relate to and understand.

    Great post, lovely. <3

    ciaobella0816.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading a pro's site with tips and tricks but sometimes they tend to promote products because they are sponsored (not always but some do) and the products they use are usually expensive. I am now following you girl! I am loving your blog.

      Delete
  3. I feel the same exact way sweet girl! I'm so glad I have met so many beautiful mew friends. I hope to one day meet you all in person. Great post love!!

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to meet yall in person one day too! It really is amazing how everyone comes together to support one another and I love it.

      Delete
  4. AWW Very well written and said honey! We couldn't agree more! We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very touching post. Thanks love! Know that we are here to help and support each other in any way possible! Love you hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! It really is amazing how friendly everyone is.

      Delete
  6. Yay! I am happy you found your voice and Ashley and Julie are perfect at making anyone feel welcome! You are right about feeling you are being sold something by the pros. This was a great and heart warming post if it wasn't for my girls I dont think I would have made it love them! And now I love you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww this is such a sweet post! I feel the same way as you. I was blogging about random topics until I realized my beauty posts were my favorite and most fun to write. I've been blogging since December and am just now gaining followers. I wish I would've known how important it is to connect in the beginning. I also wish I would've known how easy it is. This past month I've really been getting my feet wet and meeting other BBloggers and it's been a wonderful experience. Everyone is so sweet and helpful! I love this community!
    http://www.neyavbeautytalk.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this community too! I was so intimidated at first because I am by no means a pro, just a girl with a love for makeup and hair but it turned great. I wish I would have known how important it was to network when I first started too. It can be a little overwhelming to know where to start. I am now following you on GFC, twitter, facebook, and google+ LOL....so I guess I am pretty much stalking you now :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...