Monday, September 16, 2013

E.L.F. Essential Lipstick Review & Swatches

If you are on a budget but want some new fall lipstick, E.L.F. is your solution. I don't normally wear dark lipsticks but this fall I thought I would give it a try. I wanted to find colors that I liked first and ELF's essential lipstick line has a variety of colors available and they are priced at a whopping $1 each. To be honest, I did not expect much from the lipstick when I ordered it...I mean it's only a $1. I chose 6 different colors I so would have a range of colors to try and see which I liked for future lipstick purchases and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It did have its flaws and of course it wasn't the most luxurious lipstick but it did its job and it did it well.

(the lighting is horrible in this picture but you can see the true color swatches below)


Likes:
-the colors are actually very pigmented
-sociable and fearless leave a bit of a stain but I was okay with it, it looked natural.
-Combined with a lip lock pencil, they lasted around 4 hours
-Creamy texture
-Some people say that the taste is bad but that wasn't the case for me. I hate getting lipstick taste in my mouth and these were no worse than any other lipstick
-$$$$
-Buying these are a great way to try new shades without blowing your budget

Dislikes:
-the packaging...its a little hard to twist.
-as you can see on the 'Nostalgic' tube, they can get a little messy looking but I think it is from the packaging being hard to twist because it is all in the inside of the tube.
-they can be drying after a few hours of wear but I found that if I used a lip balm under and a moisture rich lip gloss over you will not have this problem.

Overall, I think these are worth picking up. They have great color payoff and you can get multiple shades for a low price. I bought these thinking that I would only use them for color testing before I purchased the color in a more expensive brand, but I like them and will keep them with my collection. 

ALSO..... excuse the lighting of my pictures lately, my DSLR is in the shop and I should have it back soon. I hate that my picture quality has gone to crap since I am using this cheap little camera for now but hopefully I won't have to use it much longer. Don't forget that the giveaway will be going live on the 19th!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried their lipsticks from the essential line. I have a mineral one, its not too bad for the price! :) I really like Charming, it's a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the first lip products that I bought from ELF and I was surprised. I think they are better than the $1 Wet N wild Lipsticks. I want to try their matte lip pencils next from their studio line.

      Delete
  2. These seem like a total steal, nice to know the formula is good, the color selection is great!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really was surprised. Its def. not the worst lipstick I have tried. It is worth the money thats for sure.

      Delete
  3. For the price I think these are awesome! :) love elf products!

    charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a newbie with ELF and I have been pretty impressed so far. There were a few things that I did not care for but I really love their studio line.

      Delete
  4. posh and seductive look perfect for fall! great review :)

    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think my least favorite is Nostalgic but thats because it is nude and I am super pale so it doesn't look right on me.

      Delete
  5. I've never tired anything by elf, but I have heard great things. Loved your review, very honest, might have to go see for myself now :) x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like ELF. They have some hits and misses like every brand. Some of my favorite Elf products are their blushes and their eye brow kits are to die for. Back in the day they really weren't very good but they have really stepped their game up the last few years. Thank you for your sweet comments. I am following your blog now :) You are gorgeous girl!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...