Tuesday, September 3, 2013

BA Star Stardust Mineral Eye Shadow & Glue Review


BA STAR is a company that provides makeup and accessories for cheerleaders, dancers, and competitors but did you know that you could use it to? I was initially sent the Stardust Mineral Eye Shadow in 'Chocolate'. I was missing the Glue-Liquid Base with the Chocolate shadow so I emailed the company to let them know and they were awesome. They responded quickly and let me know that they would be sending it out immediately. Two days later, I got the package in the mail...with a little bonus. Along with the Glue-Liquid Base they also included Stardust Mineral Eye Shadow in Lavender. I definitely give their customer service an A+. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, very pigmented, and I could not wait to try them out. 


 I love how versatile these shadows are. You can go light for an every day look or deep for a night out. You put the base on just like a primer and then immediately apply the shadow over the base. The shadows are so beautifully vibrant with the liquid base. You could also use these without the base if you are wanting to use the shadow as an overlay on another shadow.The liquid base makes all the difference (see below photo) in the look you are trying to achieve. 


My little sister came over this weekend and I was excited to use them on her to see what she thought as well. She is not really big on makeup so when she does get her makeup done she always goes for a more natural/classic look. The 'Chocolate' shadow was a perfect choice for her. I could create a va-va voom eye without having to do a smokey eye. 

What I did to create an everyday fabulous look using 'Chocolate':
I used my E.L.F eyelid primer all over the eye lid, then applied the glue-liquid base only where I wanted the 'chocolate' shadow to be and patted the shadow on with a brush. I blended the line up into the crease to help soften the look (this shadow does blend out incredibly well, btw). I then used a champagne color in the crease to help soften the transition and lighten the eye a bit. Here's the end result:



Final Thoughts:
She loved that it was gorgeous and that she could use it everyday and I love that I could have easily smoked this look out for a dramatic night look. I can see why these are used in competitions by dancers and cheerleaders because the shadow literally stays in place all day long. The liquid base is excellent and really makes the shadow stay in place and the color POP but it is not necessary. I would have never thought that I could get use out of makeup designed for competitions but I was so wrong. I actually think this shadow holds up so much longer and better. 

The BA Star Stardust Mineral Eye Shadows are priced at $8.75 and are worth every penny. You really get a lot of product so it will last you awhile. To make it even better, BA Star is offering a 50% off discount, good until September 30, 2012, to my gorgeous readers. Just enter the code BBDUST at checkout.

I received these products free in exchange for a review though Brand Backer. My opinions are mine and honest and have in no way been influenced by the brand or with monetary compensation.


post signature

9 comments:

  1. Love the colors, they are gorgeous and very vibrant!

    Your little sister, is beautiful!

    Will definitely be checking out their site and taking advantage of the discount code! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them and love the color payoff. If you get them, let me know what you think! Thank you for complimenting my sister. She is my youngest sister and it is so crazy how fast time is going by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you :) She will be 17 next month and I can't believe it!

      Delete
  3. Great review! I really like your blog :)

    Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lilac shade looks beautiful! Nice blog :)

    now following!
    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous shade! Thank you so much for the follow and the sweet comment. I am now following you as well :)

      XX

      Delete
  5. nice blog!!
    maybe you check out mine :)

    www.iced-wolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...