Monday, August 5, 2013

Mini E.L.F. Haul & Reviews


I told y'all in my makeup confessionals that I was now having to buy all brand new makeup and the $$ has been adding up. I decided to check out E.L.F. because lots of bloggers and vloggers kept mentioning the brand and their favorite products. I remember E.L.F. products being at Wal-Mart a LONG time ago but they weren't that great. When I got to the site I was pleasantly surprised about the prices and all of the products. I got some of the most recommended products (did I mention I am addicted to YouTube lol) and some that I had not seen before. 

I have been using all of these products daily for the last 2 weeks so that I could let y'all know my thoughts.

Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in 'St. Lucia' 

Since I am so pale I was looking for a bronzer that did not have a lot of shimmer in it and would blend well. This bronzer can be very dark if you apply too much so I would make sure to only get a little bit on the brush and it would blend out nicely. The blush really doesn't do much for me so I have only used it a couple of times but it is still nice. There is a little bit of shimmer in the bronzer but it isn't noticeable once blended. 

Eyelid Primer in 'Sheer'

I never really used a eyelid primer before but it makes a huge difference. I like this because a little goes a long way and it really helps my shadow stay in place all day. I have 'fluffy' eyelids so the color usually creases but not when I use this primer. It says that it is sheer but I think that it has a nude color to it because it covers all of the redness on my eyelids, which I like. 

Eyebrow Kit in 'Medium'

I was nervous about getting this but it was raved about on other blogs and vlogs so I decided to give it a try.....I LOVE IT! It is so simple to use. One side is a gel and the other a powder. The color is really nice and it stays in place all day. I now see why so many people were talking about it. I def. recommend it!

Mineral Infused Face Primer in 'tine adjusting green'

I have a lot of redness on my face so I thought I would try this to correct it. First, I have to say, this primer makes my skin feel SOOO smooth and silky. You only need the amount pictured above so it should last awhile. My foundation does seem to apply better and look better. I don't see much of a difference with the redness so I don't think it really helps with that. I really like this pump though lol it is cute. 

Lip Lock Pencil in 'Clear'

It says that it keeps your lipstick from feathering or budging and it does just that. I put it on before I apply lipstick and after as a top coat and it really does keep my lipstick in place longer. I used to worry when I wore red lipstick but this little lip lock really locks the color in. 

Makeup Mist & Set in 'Clear'

I was looking at other setting sprays and I just couldn't find it in me to buy a setting spray for $20-$30 and not know if it is going to work. I gave this one a try because it was a decent price and it had really good reviews. The pump is a little weird and the spray can come out too powerful but that was fixed by using another pump and the bottle was sticky when I got it (yuck). Other than those two things, I really like the product. Today I was actually sitting on my moms porch for a few hours and the sun was beaming on us and my makeup stayed in place the whole time. I would say that is a success. I did not notice excess oiliness or anything. 

Flat Top Powder Brush

Vloggers were raving about this brush and how it is nice for applying foundation so I had to see what the hype was about. I love this brush! It is really great for foundation application and my foundation looks so nice and seamless because of how well this blends. I think that I am going to order a few more. It did have a chemical smell when I first got it but washing it took the smell away. The bristles are soft yet firm and it doesn't soak up the foundation. 

H.D. Undereye Setting Power in 'Sheer'

Okay I am not sure about this product. It did set my makeup nicely BUT I feel like it has way too much shimmer in it for under my eyes. I have been using a setting powder from coastal scents that I really like and this was really no comparison. Maybe I will give it a try again and see how it goes but I am just not feeling it. And the jar is tiny but it is cute.

Have you used any of these? What were your thoughts? 


post signature

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just picked up the Blush/bronzer duo in St. Lucia today. I'm thinking of picking up a few other things as well, since your haul looks so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bronzer is great for contouring. I'm glad that you are going to get more :) After I ordered these and really liked almost all of them I got back on the site and ordered a few other things since they were having a huge sale on their site for their birthday.

      Delete
  2. We absolutely love ELF products! Every time we're at Target we can't resist picking up new Elf stuff to try.
    Just found ur blog, it's amazing! Would u mind checking out ours? We're newbies.... LOL

    www.twentythirtyglam.blogspot.com

    Would appreciate a follow! :)
    Also- what website do u use for your background and layout? It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only store that I have found ELF products at around me is oddly Save a Lot grocery lol, so I have been ordering online. Thank you for the lovely compliment and I am now following and checking out your blog as well. I actually made my background and header myself. Ashton at Something Swanky has a really easy tutorial that I followed and the link is http://www.somethingswanky.com/how-to-create-a-custom-blog-background-in-picmonkey/

      If y'all have any other questions, please ask. I have so many things bookmarked that has helped me develop my blog along the way. My blog is not huge and I have so much more to learn but I would be happy to help with whatever I can.

      Delete
  3. Wow Thank you so much for all your help! Your our new Blogger BFF!!!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :) and I love a new blogger BFF! If y'all make a blog button soon let me know and we can do a button swap to help promote each other.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE ELF products, especially the eyebrow kit, definitely my go-to eyebrow product! Everytime they have a FREE shipping sale I have to stock up on something!

    I just found you on Twitter--following you there--I'm a new blogger, definitely loving your blog! So cute! :) You have a new follower here, can't wait to read some more.

    beautywithlily.blogspot.com ---hope you check out my little blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELF is having a 50% off studio sale right now so I snagged a few things earlier. I am surprised at how much I love the brand. Back in the day it wasn't that great but they got it together and have it going on now. I am following you on twitter and I love your blog and I am following it now also. Thank you so much for following me!

      Delete
  5. Amazing! I found these ELF Makeup products online at iherb, this page has it all http://www.iherb.com/e-l-f-cosmetics?rcode=PPT610 they ship almost everywhere! And you will get $5-$10 off your first order with this code PPT610

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...