Sunday, July 28, 2013

Garnier Fructis Blow Dry Perfector Review {Before & After}

I am always looking for the next best product to tame my big frizzy/curly hair so when I seen Garnier Fructis's Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm, I had to have it. I came straight home from the store and washed my hair so that I could try this bad boy out. Normally when I blow dry my hair, even with a round brush, it is no where near straight and it is HUGE! With the Dry Perfector Straightening Balm my hair was straighter, with only a little bit of frizz, and a lot smoother looking.

To show y'all just how it works I asked my beautiful mom to be my demo model. I wanted to demonstrate the product on her because her hair is very thick,coarse, curly, and normally takes a buttload whole lotta product to get it straight. 

First lets welcome my mama to blogger land... *hand claps*

*as advertised on the bottle*
The Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm has argan oil in it and provides a faster, easier blow dry that stays smooth & shiny longer and provides 3 day frizz resistance.  

First, here is a picture of her hair before we started:

What I used:
Blow dryer
Vented Round Brush
Garnier Fructis Style Blow Dry Perfector
Its a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product
Straightener

First I washed her hair and then applied 'Its a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product' to protect her hair from the heat. Next, I applied a quarter size amount of the Blow Dry Perfector into the palm of my hand, rubbed it around my palms, then combed the product through her hair, with my fingers, from root to end. 
Then I went to work with the blow dryer and round brush and blew the hair out in sections. When the hair was dry, it was bouncy and straight but since she has a natural flip at the bottom of her hair I went ahead and used the straightener (The bottle does recommend to use a straightener to polish off the blow dry). Last, I quickly smoothed the top of the hair and the bottle flip with the straightener and we were done! 

Here's an after shot:
The product did reduce frizz, made it easier to blow dry and straighten, and her hair was very smooth. 

Overall, this is a great product. It really does help with the blow out process and straightening is so much easier. I did not find that the product provided 3 days of frizz resistance and neither did my mom. I talked to her today and asked if her was resisting the frizz and her exact response was, "Naw its getting puffy again". 

I would rate the Garnier Fructis Blow Dry Perfector a 4 out of 5. It works and helps shorten the process of blow outs and straightening but it does not fight frizz for days like it claims and it does not keep the sleek and shine look. I will still use this and I will buy it again but if you are looking for something to last 2 or 3 days then this is not the product for you. I only keep my hairstyles for one day so this is perfect for me. 


 *I bought this product myself and was NOT paid to write this review. All opinions are honest and mine.*

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the follow back on Bloglovin'! I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great Monday :o)

    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...