Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wardrobe Wednesday {2013 Met Gala Edition}

This years theme at the Met Gala was 'Punk: Chaos to Couture'. While some of the styles were amazing, I just couldn't understand the others. 

Kim Kardashian's dress has me the most puzzled. This dress is nowhere close to the theme and lets face it, it looks like it came off a grandmas plastic covered floral couch. The gloves sort of freak me out too. Kim would look so much better if she dressed her changing body better. It's okay for pregnant women to dress sexy but after being so far along, you have to find a balance.

 I am in LOVE with everything Jennifer Lopez has going on. The hair, dress, accessories..all amazing!

Emma Watson looks stunning. I think she played it safe and adding a few embellished accessories or a pair of hot heels would have made this outfit the complete package. 

 I adore Nina Dobrev {I am a vampire diaries junkie}. I think she looks stunning.

Blake Lively looks absolutely stunning. I think this is a great balance between punk and couture.

Did you have any favorites? How about wardrobe choices you just couldn't understand?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I am stopping by from the Share the Love blog hop and started following you on google friend connect. I think you're right: all of these dresses are spot on except for Kim K. A similar dress in all black (or really anything less busy) would have looked a thousand times better.

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Something black would have looked better and would have at least gone with the theme a little better. I am headed to your blog now, thank you for the follow :)

      Delete
  2. I think your right! I a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! I am headed to your blog now :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...