Sunday, May 26, 2013

How To Clean Micro-Fiber Furniture

We were so excited when we purchased our first kitchen table. We moved in together when we were 17 and of course started off with hand-me-downs and 2nd hand furniture that wasn't even close to matching. So when we seen our new kitchen table I instantly fell in love and had to have it. The only down fall, micro-fiber seats. I was always told it is was hard to maintain, clean, and keep stain free but I didn't care. We don't have kids so I figured we wouldn't have much problems and we bought the table. We went for almost a year without any problems. Then one day my sister innocently sat at the table and when she got up there was a blue dye stain on the seat from her brand new blue jeans....talk about heart attack central! I literally freaked out. So I went on a search for the perfect cleaner for micro-fiber and this is what I found....use alcohol  No not the kind that you down on a weekend out but the kind you use to clean boo-boos. 

After that incident the seats came so clean, I was thrilled. Then our cute little Piper (the cat) got a sinus infection and for some reason would only sit on that chair...ugh! We would remove him but that was the only place he felt comfortable. If you don't already know and have been lucky not to experience a cat sinus infection....cat boogers are a huge part of it. Yes, I said cat boogers! Our poor little guy was sick and while we were waiting to get into the vet we decided to let him stay where he was comfortable. That decision resulted in this:



Oh, I cringe at the sight and I can't believe that I am sharing that picture. But hey, that's life right. The good, bad, ugly, and nasty! 

So here's what you will need:
Alcohol
Spray Bottle Nozzle (use one from a shorter bottle and preferably new)
White Cleaning Cloth (White Only)
Soft Bristled Scrub Brush
Vacuum 


First you will want to screw the spray nozzle on to the alcohol bottle. Then you will want to vacuum the micro-fiber REALLY well to get all of the loose particles off the material. Next, spay the cloth with the alcohol and then use the white cloth to clean the area. Scrub it like you would any other material just not too hard. Once you get the whole surface cleaned, let it dry. You aren't done yet! After allowing the fabric to dry  use the soft white scrub brush and softly stroke over the fabric. This will give the fabric it's natural appearance back. All Done!





post signature
Linked Up With:

14 comments:

  1. I will have to share this with my daughter. We were just talking about this last week. New follower - glad you stopped by to follow me and I wanted to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you found it useful! Its fast and simple and it works like a charm. Thank you for returning the follow and checking out my blog!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great tip! I need to clean a few of my bar stools. I love that you added a spray bottle to the alcohol....very clever!
    Came over from Show off weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Using alcohol to clean our table stools has been a miracle. It's literally like night and day. Thank you for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. I'll have to try that! I love my couch, but it starts looking gross for people who don't know that it's mainly just water and juice spills..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,even water can look like a nasty stain. This works like a charm for me. I hope you get awesome results as well!

      Delete
  4. What a cool tip! Thanks a bunch for sharing with us. Who would've known? Thanks for stopping by My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That truly changes the complexion of your furniture, doesn't it? Makes them look cleaner and livelier! Thanks for sharing this, Justina! I also hope you consider getting expert cleaners take a look once in a while.

    Eleanor Estrada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here www.postallads4free.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent blogs. I really appreciates with your article. thanks for sharing this blog.Dry Fabric Sofa Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ! Very nice blog and excellent things exist in your blog content. thanks for sharing..
    commercial cleaning
    Residential cleaning
    office cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  9. تعتبر  ركن نجد افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض حيث تعتمد تقنيات التنظيف لدينا علي استخدام التقنية الحديثة متمثلة في استخدام ماكينات تنظيف الارضيات وكذلك احدث الات تنظيف واجهات المنازل و شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض وماكينات جلي وتلميع حديثة بالاضافة الى مهارة وخبرة كبيرة لموظفي الشركة في تنظيف المنازل كافضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض أذا كنتى تعانى من أعمال التنظيف االممله والصعبه فشركة ركن نجد توفر عليكى الوقت والمجهود حيث تقوم شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض بتقديم الخدمه بجوده ودقه عاليه تعيد منزلك الى جماله مهما كان حجمه أو شكله .
    تنظيف منازل
    شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sofa Cleaning Services

    http://www.carpet-cleaningmontreal.ca/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...