Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Crib to Bench Makeover for Mothers Day


This year for mothers day I decided to make my mom a flower bench for Mothers Day. She has an abundance of flowers and flower pots on her front porch and she wanted something to make it all look cute. I wrote about how we lost our family dog recently and Matilda had a crib that she slept in. Instead of throwing the crib away, I thought making it into a flower bench would be the perfect gift for mom. 

This is what the crib originally looked like and after lots of cutting, sanding, screwing, sanding a whole lot more, and painting....


This is the end result:




I love the way it turned out and so did she. Since I didn't think about how to get it to my moms house {we both have small cars} it is still in my garage. I can not wait to get it to her house and get all of her flowers displayed.

 I learned a lot of things while working on this bench:
1) I can be quite creative.
2) My grandpas saw is crooked and I should not trust it lol
3) Steven & I could possibly kill each other if we work on another project together
4) Sanding a crib is possibly the worst thing EVER. 


6 comments:

  1. Love your bench makeover! Hope you can drop by sometime I found you via Freedom Friday's Hop. Theresa @ DearCreatives.com a new follower on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following on Bloglovin, Theresa. I am now following you as well.

      Delete
  2. I love your crib to bench makeover. I have my sons crib that I wanted to make into a bench. You have given me inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were going to make it into a sitting bench for her which would have been better but my mom was afraid one of my younger siblings would "flop" on it all the time and mess it up so we decided on a plant stand instead. It was a really simple project and we finished it in 1 day. Good luck with your project!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I love the color too! You will definitely have to post pictures once it is set up at your mom's.

    New follower from the Fun Friday Blog Hop!

    -Sara from A Plethora of Pondering's
    http://plethoraoponderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I do wish that Valspar had more spray paint colors to choose from but I was happy with this yellow. I am now following you as well :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...