Monday, April 1, 2013

Stuffed Chicken Pot Pie

Since I was young I never really cared for Chicken Pot Pie. That was until my Aunt T.T. made me her Pot Pie, and I fell in love. Now I make it this way and always will. The thing I didn't like about Pot Pies before was all of the juice, which made it all 'runny'. 
This receipt is stuffed to the brim with all the yumminess that I love without making it overly soggy.

If you love stuffed to the brim goodness without the messy fuss, this is for you. Its fast, easy, and inexpensive!

What you will need:

6 chicken breasts {I only had 5 so that's what I used but 6 is best}
2 Deep Dish Pie Crusts
2 Pie Crust Toppers
3 Chicken Bullion Cubes
1 Family Size Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Peas & Carrots {diced carrots}
Tonys Creole Seasoning {optional}
Salt & Pepper

1) In a pot of water add salt, pepper, and 3 chicken bullion cubes. Once the water is boiling add the 6 chicken breasts.

2) Once chicken is completely boiled, strain. 

3) Shred the chicken. I normally pull the chicken apart into small stands (or pieces) like in the picture and if I want them smaller, I will run a pizza cutter through the pile a few times.


4) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

5) Add the shredded chicken and the can of cream of chicken soup together in a bowl. Mix well. Then add the peas and carrots and stir lightly. If you stir too hard , it will crush the peas.

6) Pull your pie crust bottoms out of the the freezer and fill both with mixture to the top of both pie crusts.
{This is when I sprinkle Tony's Creole seasoning over the mixture. A little goes a long way and this is our personal taste, you can use salt if you would like.}



7) Unroll the pie crust tops and place one topper over each pie. You want to pinch the top and bottom crust edges together REALLY well, so that the insides don't spew out while while cooking. Remove the excess crust around the edge. Cut slits in the tops of the pies.



8) Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour, crust should be golden brown.

9) Remove from the oven and allow the pies to sit a minimum of 15 minutes.  This will allow time for the pie to soak in all the juices so it will not be runny.


10) ENJOY!!

Since I was short on chicken this time I made one smaller pie and one stuffed like normal. The super stuffed one was devoured before I could even get a picture of the inside so here is the smaller one. 


Let me know if you try it. My family LOVES it and it is devoured quickly!


XX, 
Linked To:

18 comments:

  1. This looks really, really yummy. You just may get featured next week too;). Thanks for linking up!! J/A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it is delicious and so simple to throw together.

      Delete
  2. That looks SO yummy!!!! Hello from the blog hop!! Thanks for Co-Hosting!


    Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by michelle and it is my absolute pleasure to co-host.

      Delete
  3. Holy Moly that looks yummy! Yeah - I pinned it - may even blog about it when I make it, LOL (don't worry I will take my own pics and link ya back when I do :-D)

    Melanie
    My Imperfect...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, make it and let me know what you think! It is seriously so yummy. I hope that you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Now who does not love chicken pot pie? And you've made this one look so easy! I'm giving it a try! Thanks for sharing it at "You're Gonna Love It" which is where I found you! Happy to be your newest follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comments. Thank you for following and let me know what you think if you try it :) Heading over to check out your blog right now!

      Delete
  5. That looks very yummy, and this might just work for my DS who is the oldest and picky about his food. He won't eat Pot Pies due to the runny look of them. So I must try this one out! stopping by from the hop coreycreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and let me know if you make it and your thoughts :)

      Delete
  6. I love chicken pot pie, this looks great!

    http://www.foodieinwv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  7. This looks so good, i'll have to try it. I've never attempted to make chicken pot pie so this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few months ago was the first time I ever made one and my boyfriend can't get enough of them! It is so easy to make. I am now following your blog and I am loving all of the makeup. Let me know how it goes if you do make the pot pie and thank you for stopping by and following :)

      Delete
  8. I found you from the Weekend Social Mix blog hop. I am your newest follower. I love finding new recipes and sharing mine. I would love for you to visit my blog: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jackie! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the follow :) I LOVE to find new recipes also. I am headed over to your blog now!

      Delete
  9. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow Melanie and for the sweet comment! I am checking out your blog now :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...