Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My ACE Update



A month ago I shared that I would be starting my ACE weight loss journey { Original Post }. I have gotten so much more out of this experience so far than I ever would have thought. I take one ACE pill a day and I have to say, I really like it. It doesn't make me jittery and I love the energy that I get from it. I really thought that it was going to be a struggle at first to make the changes but making it a lifestyle change instead of just another diet fad has changed our lives dramatically.

Before starting ACE, I was an out of control Mountain Dew addict. It was bad...really bad. It's so easy to run down to the gas station and get a big fountain drink multiple times a day and I was HOOKED. So my first decision was to start drinking water more often. To my surprise though, I completely stopping drinking pop on my first day of the "change" and it wasn't as bad as I thought that it was going to be. The hardest part was that Steven still drank Mountain Dew so it was always in the house. It was so tempting and I have to admit I did relapse one time after about a week. That Mountain Dew tasted so good....at first...then it was so sugary to me that it hurt my stomach and it started to taste disgusting. Steven knew how much of an achievement not drinking pop was so when he seen that I had one after a week, he decided that he would quit also and no longer have it in the house. That's one of the many reasons why I love him. So I can now say it has officially been 4 weeks since my pop relapse and I am POP FREE. Yayyy! I bought the Brita water bottle that has the filter built in and it has been a miracle for me. It more economical financially and for the environment. I was def recommend it to you especially if you are always on the run. This is the one I have:


My next big challenge was exercise. I am not a big exerciser but I knew that I would have to stay active. I am one of those OCD gotta wake up and immediately clean your whole house type of people. I feel awful and so out of whack if I don't do this. So I made changes like instead of mopping the floor I would scrub it with a brush, and I do lunges as I vacuum  Things of that sort. After a few weeks of this it started to get warm so we now also go on a 3 mile walk at least 4 times a week. I also started Pilates  which I love! Not exactly a big workout plan but I am staying active and slowly increasing what I am doing.

I have currently lost eight pounds but lost a lot more in inches. It has been slow so far but I think that is a good thing. I wanted a lifestyle change, not a fast and dramatic weight loss just to gain it back. As far as eating goes it isnt perfect but we have ut out almost all the fatty, sugary  JUNK food. We are going to start juicing in about a week so I will update you guys on how that's going later. 

Bottom line, I am very proud of myself. My skin is clear, I am more active, and accomplished one of my new years resolutions (Get rid of pop). 

Do you guys have any juicing recommendations for newbies like us? Did you like juicing and see benefits for your overall health? Let me know in the comments!

XX, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...