Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Infinity Hand Towel {DIY}



One of my biggest annoyances in life is a hand towel that always falls on the floor. I am constantly throwing clean hand towels in the dirty clothes because they fell on the floor. What a waste! So when I came across a post on Pinterest of Martha Stewart's 'No- Slip Dish Cloth' I knew I had found a solution to this awful problem. 

So I went to work! 

Once again I changed things up a bit with my supplies. When I bought the Velcro I was rushing and it wasn't until I started this project that I noticed I got the sew on kind {yuck}. I didn't want to run back out to the store and I don't own a sewing machine, so I was disappointed.

What You Will Need:
Dish Towel {pre-washed}
Velcro
Scissors
Liquid Stitch

1) The Velcro will need to be on the 'inside' of one end and on the 'outside' of the other end.
I lined my Velcro before I went all crazy with the liquid stitch....to avoid any clumsy mistakes that I am so accustomed to. Your ends should look like this:
{Make sure you don't have the Velcro on the same sides of the dish cloth}

2) I started to use the needle and thread and then something amazing happened....I remembered I had Liquid Stitch. Yes! So I covered the back side of the Velcro completely with liquid stitch, making sure it covered all of it including the corners, and applied it to the fabric. 


3) Once you place every glued piece of Velcro you will want to let it sit for 24 hours to ensure that it holds really well. {Do yourself a favor and get the Velcro with adhesive already on it} I placed my sewing box on top of the stripes as they dried to make sure they didn't rise off the fabric while drying. 

4) Hang that bad boy on your stove handle and enjoy the luxury of your dish towel never falling off again!


Such an easy fix to such an annoying problem!


XX,

17 comments:

  1. Don't even get me started on the hand towels in my house LOL. Thanks for sharing!! Alice @ The Owl's Skull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, thank you for following me at www.ButterflyInTheAttic.blogspot.com

    You asked if there were another blog page
    Yes, you have to click on the buttons available and that will direct you to where you want to go. There are several option right now and will be more later. To get to the most recent posts click on the button labled "My Blog Posts."

    Thank you for your question it was helpful. I have written a little directions on the homepage and hopefully that will help others.

    Have a blessed day.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Colleen! Thank you for the info. It must have been my computer when I was clicking on the links it wasn't taking me anywhere. I will head over and check out your blog :)

      Delete
  3. ohh thanks for sharing this diy :)

    hi ^^ i found your blog in #bbloggers blog hop
    do you want to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc?
    let me know ^^ visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inge! Thank you for stopping by and following. I am not following you through google friend connect but I do not have bloglovin. You have a cute blog!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful idea. thanks for sharing. New GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow Jessica! I returned the follow :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a great idea! I will definitely be doing this with my dishtowels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I am already in love with them and have made more. It is so much handier than one that is falling off all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! This is exactly what I need for my kitchen!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine and have since made more. They are so simple to make and have really been a little time saver. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I'm featuring this post this week Justina. Stop by and pick up a featured at button:). Can't wait to see what you link up this week:). Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy! You're awesome...thank you so much! I am co-hosting the Friend Connect Blog Hop tomorrow, I hope you can join!

      Delete
  9. Great idea!! Thanks for the tutorial.
    Stopping by via the Weekend Social Mix Hop, I'd like to invite you to visit my blog http://www.scatteredmusings.net

    Following you in all the social media networks we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Thank you for stopping by. I tried to visit your blog but it says that the link is temporarily down? I copied and pasted the exact link above.

      Delete
  10. Awesome idea!!!Great blog :D Dropping by from the Weekend Social Mix Blog Hop.

    New follower with GFC
    GabsG(BeautyMadness)
    http://beautymadn3ss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow! I am also following you via GFC :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...