Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY Spring Wreath

I hate to waste money when it's not needed so when I was considering my spring wreath this year I decided to make it myself. A little over a year ago I picked up this super ugly wreath for $2 because I knew I could re-purpose it one day. Well, that day has come. I wish I would have taken a before picture of the 'peacock' wreath before I stripped it, but I forgot {sad face}.

What I used for this project:
Old Recycled Wreath 
Rustoleum Spray Paint in Satin Lagoon
Krylon in Clear (optional)
White Fake Flowers & Decor 
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Wire Snips

Satin Lagoon & Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze

When I first started I had a decor arrangement picked out in my mind but changed it last minute. So I didn't actually use the pink and yellow flowers or the ribbon.


1) After stripping the original said 'peacock' wreath I sprayed the new naked wreath with 2 coats of the Satin Lagoon spray paint. After letting it dry for 45 minutes, I applied a clear coat. This is optional but I wanted to do it because the sun beams all day long in front of our house so I didn't want the color to fad so quickly. 

 
Naked Wreath After Satin Lagoon & Clear Spray

2) After I allowed the color to sit for about 24 hours I prepped the decor flowers. I used the wire snips to cut the stem off at the base of the flower. 

3) Once I had the flowers ready I went through and set them out on the wreath so that I could have an idea of what I liked. Once I got the desired look I began hot glued my little heart out.

4) All Finished! All that was left was to hang it.

Finished Product {I hate our front door color and it needs repainted but we rent so I have to deal with it}

I have to say it was so simple and I loved being able to make it how I wanted it, that I think I will continue to make my own. I know that the instructions weren't necessary  and I actually felt stupid while writing them but this is my first time posting one of my DIY projects. 

I love my Spring Wreath DIY and I made it for about $10. How awesome is that! Steven was happy he didn't have to spend money and I am happy with the look.
 Win - Win situation!

XX,

Linked up to:

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wreath!!! Following you back from the blog hop. Thanks for following my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and for following back!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really into blues right now. Thank you for following.

      Delete
  3. I love wreath redos and yours is very clever. This would look gorgeous with turquoise accents, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Ann! I love looking at DIY wreaths as well. Turquoise would be a great accent color!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the bold blue impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spring wreath. Absolutely love the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hope! Right now I am having this love affair will the color blue. I am loving teal, turquoise, ect. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for following Mrs. Mama! I'm now following back. I love this wreath-plus it was so cheap to make. cute + cheap=love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and follow back :) And YES if I can save some money and still have a cute outcome then I am all for it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Thisi s really beautiful. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am loving all the wonderful shades of blue right now.

      Thank you for stopping by ad for the follow :)

      Delete
  8. Wow I LOVE this wreath! The bold color really caught my eye! I also love your blog layout, I used to have a layout by the Cutest Blog on the Block, too :-) I guess we have similar tastes! I would love for you to come over to my Link Party and share this! http://domesticsuperhero.com/2013/03/21/sharing-with-domestic-superhero-thursday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invitation. I just went and linked up and added you to my party list. Thank you so much for all the nice words. You blog is pretty awesome!

      Delete
    2. Thanks girl!! Thanks for sharing on Domestic Superhero's Thursday Link Party! Hope to see you again this week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...