Monday, February 4, 2013

Blog Hopping

While I was reading one of my favorite blogs Pretty in Pink (seriously check her out), she had a post that talked about something called 'Blog Hopping'. I had never heard of this before and was intrigued! So I began to do a little research about what it was. After reading and going to many blog hopper blogs, I was all in. Its such a neat idea and a great way to join a blogger community. It has a list of other blogs to check out and you follow the ones you enjoy and have them follow you back. Its a great way to share your blog and find other great blogs that you otherwise may not have come across. 

I found two blogs that host blog hops that I would like to share. I love #bbloggers, which was recommended by Pretty in Pink. They are a beauty blogger site and is based out of the United Kingdom. I joined it and let me just say that there are some great blogs on their list. You can check out their site and get the information you need as well as what their rules are :)

Photobucket

The second 'Blog Hopping' blog that I came across is No Ordinary Blog Hop. It is also amazing. They have lots of categories that you can check out and may be a little easier for someone who just joined the blogging world. Remember to check out their rules and information to make sure that it is a great match for you.

No Ordinary Blog Hop


Its so hard to get a following base and to get attention to your site when you are new and I think that 'Blog Hopping' is a great way to get your work out there. Its also a great way to meet other bloggers and open up those communication lines. I hope that this will help someone who may be new and struggling just like me. As you can tell I write about just about ANYTHING! And while I read that this can be a big no-no, I just cant help it! This blog is about me and who I am. I love writing about everything in my life and have so many different loves that I don't just want to focus on one thing. In turn it makes it hard to get followers. So if you have any helpful information or tips that you have learned, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear them. 

P.S.
These are just two of the sites that I connected with best and loved. These are my personal opinions and I recommend that you also research it and see which sites you like best. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and your follow.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely, thanks for popping over :)

    I've had a wee look through your blog (actually I read all of it, so I could try and be helpful) and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that you post quite a random selection of your loves, which can make it hard to gain a following.

    This isn't exactly a bad thing, hell I do it myself, but I think the main thing that will keep your follower count down is the fact that so many of your posts are very personal, and you have to remember that so far most of the people coming across your blog don't know you very well, so may skim past such posts. While I can feel myself relating to situations, for example your experience with doctors (I completely agree that they can be the most unhelpful of people, despite living in a different country and knowing some lovely doctors, I've had my share of bad experiences, ugh).

    A lot of the blogs I follow tend to incorporate little snippets along side other content, for example an outfit post, with a blub about what they've been up to at the end. It's nice for long time readers to keep up to date, but gives new readers something less personal to get their teeth into. Something for everyone, if you will.

    Picture size and quality are very important too, you have some lovely pictures of your family and pets, but they could (in my opinion) do with being a bit bigger, and it helps to keep image sizes fairly uniform.

    At the end of the day, there's nothing at all wrong with blogging about whatever the hell you want, and if that is a bit of a 'dear diary' life blog, or a purely fashion or makeup blog, then so be it, if it's what you love then it's always nice to have an outlet, and write about what you love for YOU. It seems that your low follower count is getting you down a bit, though, so I would say you can either keep going, and the followers will come, albeit slowly, as there is always gonna be somebody who loves the same things you love to write about, or try to find more of a category to work within if you really want to blog for the purpose of reaching people.

    Hope this helped some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all of the tips and advice. Im not sure at all what I want to be my "main focus". I started it as more of a personal blog but overtime that changed. I love the snippets idea as well. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Some good advice there from Gleepface. I would also recommend figuring out who it is you want to serve, who you are writing for. That will help shape your posts and fine tune your blog. There are great sites that serve bloggers. One is http://www.blogelina.com/, others are copyblogger.com and problogger.net. Good luck, and thanks for joining us at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for those sites kim! I have already been to some great blogs on NOBH. thank you for the advice as well. I tried to avoid a focus point but I am learning you just have to have one. Thank you for checking out my blog!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...